Friday, September 21, 2007

What a concept!

I must admit, there are days in the ministry I long for Jesus' return more than others. I must admit, there are times when "God's People" really get me down because they act more like spiritual infants than the spiritual mature they should be.

Okay, now that I've got that off my chest! I like to surf! I bet you didn't know that about me ... but yes ... I am a surfer ... yup - just give me a mouse or remote and I can channel surf with the best of them!! At home, there are specific channels I surf to - most of them have something to do with sports or the news. But in the office - on the computer - my surfing is usually a little more wide open. I surf to other churches and catch a message from one of the myriad of wonderful proclaimers of God's Word ... I'll check a college to see how the new school year is going ... I'll find news venues from places I have lived in the past, and at times like today, discover that a good friend was in a bad accident. But I have some "bookmarked" surfing areas so that with one or two clicks of the mouse, I can arrive. One of those is good friend and fellow preacher, Arron Chambers. Arron is a wonderful speaker but also accomplished writer. He is also a triathlete. In a recent blog, Arron, comparing some triathlete accomplishments, made this comparison to the Christian walk that is too powerful to leave in his little corner of the world ...

"What if you could only call yourself a "Christian" if you helped to fulfill the Great Commission in the past 12 months by leading someone to Christ? What kind of impact would that have on the Church? What kind of impact would that have on our evangelistic efforts?"

Under that 'guideline' - would you be able to legitimately call yourself a "Christian"? Hmmm ... I must admit, there are days ...

No comments: