Wednesday, May 23, 2007

A New Day

Sunday was a new day for me. I never woke up that way before. I've awoke to the sounds of deer rustling outside of my tent ... I have awakened to the thunderous applause of the heavens that the night is over and the new day has dawned ... I have even been startled awake by the ringing of a telephone in the wee hours of the morning. But this past Sunday was a first for me. Never have I awakened that way. In fact, it is a once-in-a-lifetime moment.

Oh sure, I will always awake that way from now on ... in fact, there will come a day (in the not too distant future) when my 'condition' will be doubled! And then - someday - possibly - tripled ... and then, believe it or not ... quadrupled!!!

I know that all three or four of you who read this probably really don't care that for the first time in my life, I woke up as a bonafide "Father-In-Law" but to me, it was pretty cool! Oh sure, I know there will be more 'firsts' in my life - but this is one of those that will never be repeated and I'm sure I'll remember it for a long time!

What are some of your 'once-in-a-lifetime' firsts that you recall? Your wedding? Your first born? Your baptism? Relish those thoughts. Don't ever let them slip by. They are precious to you!

No comments: