Tuesday, December 1, 2009

It's beginning to look a lot like .......

It's that time of the year again! The music has changed ... the streets are brighter than normal ... houses take on a cheerier glow ... traffic is increased in certain parts of town ... and of course ... let's not forget the food! From cookies to cakes to pies and hams ... it is The Most Wonderful Time of the Year!

So why is it that during this most wonderful time ... there are folks who forget all about things like ... "love, joy, peace, patience , kindness, gentleness and self-control?" I was in a national store of some notoriety while on vacation recently and was "moved" not once ... not twice ... but at least three times by different people in their attempts to secure their precious merchandise which I'm sure their "wonderful little angel" deserved more than life itself. I have seen people battle for parking spots (while I myself prefer to park at the far end of the parking lot and walk - it's good exercise - I can say this confidently as I know my wife doesn't read my blog!!)

Black Friday ... Cyber Monday ... and don't forget ... the Post-Christmas rush to return what didn't fit ... didn't like ... wrong color ... wrong intention ... etc. Or to buy those last remaining decorations at ridiculously low prices only to store them away until next year with great intentions to use them - only to discover sometime in February of the year after that those hidden purchases!

All the more reason to ask the question ... What If ... ... That's the series I'll start December 6. I think there is one verse of Scripture that answers that question well ... it covers who, what, how, when and where! Until then ... allow me to share a verse of one of my favorite Carols ... "I want a hippopotamus for Christmas ... only a hippopotamus will do ...."

Have a HAPPY Day!!

No comments: