Tuesday, April 3, 2007

May my Tennessee friends PLEASE FORGIVE ME!

Okay - I'll admit it - I was cheering for the Gators last night - Oh alright - I was cheering for the Gators last night! It just seemed natural to cheer for a vicious reptile rather than a worthless nut (or so I have been told that is what a "Buckeye" is) - although I have a friend who makes a candy called a "Buckeye" that is scrumptious!! But I digress ...

I listened as the commentators continually praised the team work of the 2 time - 2 time - 2 time - National Champs! Did you know that they had 5 starters with 1,000 point seasons? If you are a true Gator fan you did! That is almost unheard of in this day of showmanship and self-gratification. But the commentators last night not only impressed upon their audience that fact, but also recognized how unselfish the players were. Just because they might have an open shot - there might be someone with a better open shot and they would pass it off. Florida can be proud of their fine team. I would hope that they would consider sticking around. Lee Humphrey (a Tennessee boy!!) is the only senior of the starters to graduate out. Could anyone say "3-peat!"?

Hmmm ... what if? Oh - no - it's probably too much to imagine! What if the teamwork in the church ... ? Hmmm - I wonder .....

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ohio really has to be kicking themselves...I mean how bad is that when they get beat by the gators in football. But then they can redeem themselves by beating Florida in basketball...and they cant do it. You cant stop the Florida freight train.

Ha ha ha