Friday, March 9, 2007

March Madness

I love this time of the year! In the words of Dick Vitale ... "It's March Madness babeeeeee!" There's just something about college basketball that I really like. I really don't have an absolute favorite like some do ... although I try to follow the biggies ... Duke, North Carolina, Florida - of course, Tennessee!

I think what appeals to me is that they really try! I mean, when you see guys throwing everything they have for 40-minutes to win a game - that's exciting. I really don't watch much of the pro's anymore. For what compensation they receive, I don't think there is an adequate return. They have lost the joy of playing the game for the fun of it and seem to be more caught up in the paycheck that comes at the end of the week.

I know a few Christians who are still in college - Praise God! They still hustle every time they are on the court. They don't let some guard stop their pursuit of sinking a "three:sixteen pointer" or shooting a GRACEful FREEthrow into the open bucket of someone's heart. Their zealousness is based in keeping their eye on the prize before them.

I know a few Christians who are "pro's" too. They have signed their name to the contract and feel quite confident that their "paycheck" will be there regardless of how hard they play the game. If they foul out early - it really doesn't matter to them because they'll still draw their compensation.

So ... "it's March Madness babeeeee!" Are you with me? Let's play for the title! Let's "keep our eyes on the prize before us." Our Head Coach continues to cheer us on! Let us keeping shooting - keep pressing forward - keep up the faith. It may only be a couple of 20-minute halves away before the clock expires and the horn sounds for the last time!

Have a GREAT weekend!
Pastor Todd

No comments: