Tuesday, March 6, 2007

Being Stoned

Have you ever been "stoned"? Oh - now come on - you know what I'm talking about - get your mind out of the gutter!!!! Seriously, this past Sunday, I preached on the passage in John 8 that talks about the Pharisees bringing a sinful woman before Jesus - in order to trap Jesus. The proper punishment was to be stoned ... and apparently, they came prepared.

The more I have thought about that, I've come to realize that many times when we "bring people to Jesus" in prayer or in 'conversation' - we come just like the Pharisees did. What I mean is this ... we bring our stones with us. We say "Lord - this person has sinned and the good book says they should be punished ... now what do YOU say?"

I wonder if we will ever really hear His words, "let the one who is without sin cast the first stone"? He's been saying it so long and yes - I readily admit to casting a stone or two. And yes, I have felt the sting of one or two hitting me.

There is only one who is adequately qualified to cast stones our way - that's why I hope I'm never stoned!

You think about that!!!

Pastor Todd

No comments: